Call for Public Relations and Event management Services
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Public Health Ambassadors Uganda (PHAU) is seeking a partner that will support their efforts to disseminate research findings using an integrated communication strategy / approach to ensure that all the relevant targeted stakeholders/actors fully understand the impact of COVID19 on SRH for young people and make the case for increased resources for the SRH through policy reviews and reforms. PHAU would like to see the research findings disseminated to the appropriate/targeted stakeholders using youth friendly creative and proactive strategies through multiple communication channels and platforms including webinars, workshops, conferences, Social Media platforms, policy briefs, fact sheets, infographics and performance arts piece. PHAU is cognisant of the current COVID19 situation in the country, therefore all the dissemination activities that may require physical meeting will be done in adherence to the Ministry of Health SOPs. Our targeted stakeholders will include young people, policy makers at various line ministries, members of the Parliament, members of the Adolescent Health (ADH) technical working group, academia, youth led and youth serving organizations, CSOs, media houses, UN agencies and private sector among others.
To disseminate Uganda-specific evidence on COVID-19’s impact on adolescent sexual and reproductive health (SRH) to all the relevant stakeholders using the most appropriate communication channels.
- To ensure that the research findings are communicated effectively to a broad range of stakeholders including: young people and youths, parents, health workers, religious leaders, representatives from the CSOs, academia, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health.
- To make the case to national stakeholders and actors for the need of increased resources to improve adolescent health care coverage and SRH outcomes
- To facilitate the process of getting feedback and sharing of recommendations and way forward to improving adolescent health care coverage and SRH outcomes.
The contractor in collaboration with PHAU team will design and implement the communication plan of the national dissemination conference/event to be held in Kampala and other four key districts in August 2021.Together with the dissemination project team, the contractor will primarily perform the following tasks and may partake in some additional duties related to the communication plan of the project.
- Effectively plan the visual concept of the event through the elaboration of a script of the event’s flow
- Adapt and disseminate outreach materials provided by Dissemination PROJECT TEAM to roll out an effective communication plan before, during and after the event
- Hardcopy promotional materials such as banners, kakemonos and posters
- Program booklet which includes the agenda and the speakers’ biographies in printable and electronic versions
- Ensure the event visibility via social media before the event
- Live broadcast and ensure social media presence during event for larger coverage
- Design the communication tools essential for the event: Pins/badges for the speakers,
- Promote the event via local media and social media
- In collaboration with the dissemination project team, draft and translate radio messages.
- A video clip which either includes impression video shots of the event or key highlights from the most interesting speakers
- A final produced and edited video aggregating the whole day
- The original, non-edited, raw version of the recordings and high-resolution photos
- Provide adequate technical capacity in line with the type of event envisioned
- Find and secure a proper venue
- Decoration of the stage and the event place
- Adequate lightning for main spotlight on the speaker on theater stage and if possible, headset microphones should be available for the speakers to wear during their presentations
- Large screen behind the stage with one slide to permanently be displayed behind each speaker with the title of his/her presentation and the Dissemination Project official communication visual backdrop
- The retransmission of the Dissemination project video.
- A final activity report to be submitted to DISSEMINATION PROJECT TEAM for approval
- Coordinate and be responsive to the activities of the chosen four key districts district’s Steering Committee
- Support in identifying a moderator for the event
- We are going to have a hybrid event- Physical and others online
From June 15th to December 30th, 2021
- A Steering Committee, comprised of a maximum of 10 members, to work under the authority of the Dissemination project team and key stakeholders from Kampala that can reach the four districts district.
- An elaborated, written communication plan including a script of the event’s flow
- A program booklet (in printable and electronic versions) which includes the agenda and the speakers’ biographies
- A final 1-2 minute-long produced and edited video of the day event which captures key highlights of each speaker and an overview of the half day national event of August 2020.
- The rushes of videos taken during the event, and high-resolution photographs
- Coordinate a media briefing and involve our official project filming company; Bridge Films.
- A concise activity report, elaborating on the overall event, the number of attendees, the consultant’s output and outcomes as well as difficulties encountered and future recommendations
FEES AND WORK ARRANGEMENTS
DISSEMINATION PROJECT TEAM will remunerate upon receipt and approval of the totality of deliverables. The contractor may perform duties in the other districts.
Payment 1: An elaborated, written communication plan including a script of the event’s flow (60%).
Payment 2 : A validated concise activity report (40%).
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- 1 to 3 years relevant professional experience in media/advertising and/or event planning in Uganda.
- Based in Kampala and experience countrywide including Other chosen districts district
- Proficient audio-visual, event recording and video production capabilities
Interested entities should submit their application including technical and financial proposals as well as evidence of previously organized similar events in Kampala and Other chosen regions district to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th May 2021. No late applications will be accepted. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.