AGECS-Project Officer Job
About the Let Her Shine Project:
Let Her Shine projectis a gender equality targeted initiative that addresses the existing discriminatory gender norms, attitudes, practices and financial imbalances by empowering out-of-school adolescent girls and young women (15-30) and their community gatekeepers with increased opportunities to Sexual reproductive health and rights information, vocational, financial, advocacy and leadership skilling as well as access to local markets and financial opportunities in Mukono and Kampala districts.
Project Goal: To contribute to reduced gender and social barriers towards access, utilization and uptake of education, socio-economic opportunities and Sexual reproductive health information and services among AGYW in Kampala and Mukono districts.
Project Duration: 30 Months
Funder: Global Affairs Canada & Aga Khan Foundation
Duty Station: KAMPALA AND MUKONO
Job Description: The Project Officer will directly work with the Programs Manager and take lead in implementing the Project Logic Model, ensuring timely and successful completion of Project activities and observing all Donor compliances related to the Project.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take lead on the implementation of the Project Logic Model.
- Develop Forecasted Monthly, Quarterly and Annual workplans for the Project.
- Ensure Timely implementation of the Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Workplans of the Project.
- Assist in implementing public events, meetings.
- Participate in local and district engagements.
- Respond to public and community inquiries and brief staff on matters of public interest and concern.
- Prepare reports and knowledge assets for projects on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis for decision making and knowledge sharing.
- Prepare timely activity concept notes, requisitions, reports and accountabilities.
- Process necessary approvals for events, outreaches and Community dialogues from relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee the maintenance of a community database of interested parties and issues.
- Develop and implement Health sector day campaign strategies.
- Coordinate production and distribution of promotional campaign (IEC) materials.
- Identify relevant community events and coordinate participation in these events
- Actively reach out to community groups and organizations to explore partnership opportunities
- Contribute to communications, public relations and media relations activities including social media engagements as required
- Create and implement monthly, quarterly and annual work plans.
- Assist in the recruitment, placement, retention and support of community champions and volunteers.
- Attend relevant district and community meetings; participate in relevant councils, roundtables and committees
- Conduct and compile annual volunteer/ champion satisfaction survey
- Supervise and Appraise volunteers/champions.
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
- Create, coordinate and implement volunteer (champion) recognition activities.
- Perform duties of any other projects as assigned.
- Participate in all organizational staff mandatory activities.
- Participate in Grant writing processes.
- Observe all the organization’s values and standing orders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences, Development studies, SWASA, Project Planning or any related field.
- A minimum of two to three years working experience in similar field from reputable organization.
- Must be below the age of 30 years by the time of application.
- At least four years of NGO experience in Gender equality and SRHR Advocacy in Uganda.
- Working knowledge on local Government budgeting cycle and duty bear’s engagements as well as community empowerment is required.
- Working knowledge of the health sector especially at both district and national level is a MUST.
- Willingness to work under minimum supervision with good track record from the past employers.
- Possess the ability to speak the local language (Luganda) and English.
- Ability to write high quality and timely write knowledge assets and reports within the required donor and organizational standards as well as Grants.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV to the PHAU Human Resource Department through firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 11TH November 2022. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply, Applicants living and staying in Kampala district will have an added advantage