Job Opportunity at PHAU
JOB TITLE: PROJECT OFFICER
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMES MANAGER
About YO Space Project:
YO Space is aimed at increasing access to and demand for affordable, high quality birth spacing services through a network of private healthcare providers who offer Family planning services especially Long Term Methods specifically, IUDs and implants. This is to ensure increased utilization of the available family planning methods.
Public Health Ambassadors Uganda (PHAU) intends to reach 40,000 young women and girls with accurate information on SRH including PAC, harm reduction, Family Planning and HIV/AIDS. 12,000 young girls and women would be directly referred to the Profam Clinics.
Duty Station: JINJA
Job Description: The Project Officers will directly work with the Programmes Manager ensuring implementation of Project activities on time and managing the work schedules and direct implementation of activities.
Roles and Resposibilities
- Create and implement a community and business outreach plan, including supervising the activities and services provided by community relations teams.
- Organize, attend and present at community, national and neighborhood group meetings regarding the project, its impacts and intended mitigations.
- Develop public education and information materials, presentations and displays.
- Organize and implement community education outreaches.
- Assist in implementing public events, meetings.
- Coordinate, organizing and participating at community outreach activities to educate the broader community our activities and projects.
- Respond to public and community inquiries and brief staff on matters of public interest and concern.
- Prepare reports and knowledge assets for projects on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis for decision making and knowledge sharing.
- Process necessary approvals for events, outreaches and Community dialogues.
- Oversee the maintenance of a community database of interested parties and issues.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies for active campaign
- Coordinate production and distribution of promotional campaign materials.
- Identify relevant community events and coordinate participation in these events
- Actively reach out to community groups and organizations to explore partnership opportunities
- Contribute to communications, outreach, marketing, public relations and media relations activities as required
- Create and implement annual outreach plan.
- Assist in the recruitment, placement, retention and support of community champions and volunteers.
- Attend relevant district and community meetings; participate in relevant councils, roundtables and committees
- Conduct and compile annual volunteer/ champion satisfaction survey
- Supervise and Appraise volunteers/champions.
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
- Create, coordinate and implement volunteer/champion recognition activities.
- Perform duties of any other projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences, Development studies, SWASA, Project Planning or any related field.
- A minimum of two to three years working experience in similar field from reputable organization.
- At least four years of NGO experience in health promotion and Advocacy in Uganda.
- Working knowledge on local Government budgeting cycle and duty bear’s engagements as well as community empowerment is required.
- Working knowledge of the health sector especially at both district and national level is a MUST.
- Willingness to work under minimum supervision with good track record from the past employers.
- Possess the ability to speak the local language (Lusoga) and English, and ready to reside in the project area (Jinja).
- Ability to write high quality and timely write knowledge assets and reports within the required donor and organizational standards.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV to the PHAU Human Resource Department through firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 19TH November 2021. Female applicants are encouraged to apply, Applicants living staying Jinja will have an added advantage