Stakeholder’s Dialogue on Alternative Models of Health Financing
Public Health Ambassadors Uganda(PHAU) with collaboration with Youth Equality Centre (YEC) and other partners with support from Women Deliver are convening an Online Stakeholder’s Dialogue on Alternative Models of Health Financing in the Post COVID 19 era; challenges, opportunities and lessons learnt. This meeting will bring together policy makers from the government ministries of Finance and Health respectively, development partners, CSOs, NGOs and the private sector.
We shall discuss how to develop a coordinated and common vision and strategy for improving the sustainability of the health sector in addition to helping Uganda move closer to achieving universal health coverage.
The dialogue is scheduled for Wednesday 17th June, 2020 starting at 3:00pm – 5 pm / EAT
- Identify key gaps and challenges affecting the sustainable financing of the health sector.
- Assess and discuss the feasible alternative models of financing the health sector for achieve Universal Health Coverage
- To identify at least 3 Alternatives to Health financing models and make recommendations to government for consideration in increasing Health sector Budget
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Position paper on alternative models of financing the health sector in order to achieve Universal Health Coverage.
- Alternatives to Health Financing models identified and provided to policy makers, MoH and MoFPED for consideration in increasing funding to Health Sector
- Lessons learnt from the COVID19 pandemic on the need to prioritize increased financing of the health sector.
- Increased engagement and collaboration between the different stakeholders.